Unofficial Imgur Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This site is not affiliated with nor endorsed by Imgur. Imgur content and materials are copyrights © of Imgur. All rights reserved.

Imgur  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you reading?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kokihi
Forever Alone
Forever Alone
Kokihi

What are you reading?  Empty
PostSubject: What are you reading?    What are you reading?  EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 3:11 am

What books are we all reading right now, and what do you think of them so far?
Back to top Go down
zcektor00
Accepted
Accepted
zcektor00

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?    What are you reading?  EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 3:55 am

A Clash of Kings. Please no spoiler alert
Back to top Go down
HDXPC
Neutral
Neutral
HDXPC

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?    What are you reading?  EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 9:27 pm

Che: A Revolutionary Life by Jon Lee Anderson, One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez and Philip K. Dick's Exegesis.

Che: A Revolutionary Life one was informative, pretty good non-bias journalism. It doesn't feel like propaganda like most written about Che in the way that it's pandering to the his millions of admirers. As far as One Hundred Years of Solitude goes, it's a very interesting book that is brilliantly written. It reads a lot like a story from the bible in the way where it recounts the events of one hundred years of a town both in a way where it's significant and insignificant at the same time. I'm about half way and it really gives you perspective on how many small events in history, both as a town on a personal scale, lead history to the point you are at now. Philip K. Dick's Exegesis on the other hand reads more like an expression on who Philip K. Dick was and how his thoughts pieced together all the novels he wrote. I find it to be both brilliant and insane, which is the right combination to make something interesting. Much of his work had much repetition and patterns that can be linked together from book to book. It also recounts when he had his "spiritual experience" or "mental breakdown" depending on which side of the fence you sit on.

What are you reading, Mr. OP?

Last edited by HDXPC on Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
hamburgerglittertree
Forever Alone
Forever Alone
hamburgerglittertree

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?    What are you reading?  EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 10:53 pm

I'm currently rereading The Forest of Hands and Teeth, by Carrie Ryan.

It's a zombie apocalypse novel, the first in a three part series and it is fantastic! All three novels (The Dead Tossed Waves is number two and the last is The Dark and Hollow Places) are told in the female perspective. They are all connected to each other even though each novel is told from a different character. It wasn't until the end of the second or third book that I realized HOW the three main females were all connected, but it is done so well. The imagery is amazing, I LOVE this series. It's also recently been announced that films rights have been purchased, so I'm very excited to see where this post-apocalyptic world is going to go!!
Back to top Go down
Pangaea
Admin
Admin
Pangaea

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?    What are you reading?  EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 2:25 am

Hey I've heard about The Forest of Hands and Teeth! I heard good things about it. After reading all of that, I'm definitely going to check it out when I get a chance!

As for what I'm reading right now. Sadly nothing. );
Back to top Go down
hamburgerglittertree
Forever Alone
Forever Alone
hamburgerglittertree

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?    What are you reading?  EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 4:27 am

It really is one of the best books I have ever read. I just looked on the website and it shows that there is another book that has five stories regarding the Forest of Hands and Teeth. It sounds so good. Can't wait to hi up a bookstore.

http://www.carrieryan.com/
The website has excerpts and book trailers as well Smile

Also, I think I should add that besides the fact that the writing is amazing and it immediatelys hooks the reader, action is almost instant and you feel a deep connection with the character within the first two chapters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?    What are you reading?  Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you reading?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Unofficial Imgur Forum :: Entertainment Section :: Literature-
Jump to: