Unofficial Imgur Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This site is not affiliated with nor endorsed by Imgur. Imgur content and materials are copyrights © of Imgur. All rights reserved.

Imgur  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Recommendations

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kuroyakedo
Accepted
Accepted
kuroyakedo

Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Recommendations   Recommendations EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 5:53 pm

Hello there,

Next sunday will be a book fest in my city, do you have any recommendations about books ? Tiitles, author , everything is ok.
As reference, my last books are The Shack, 1984, Brave world and the hunger games.

Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
HDXPC
Neutral
Neutral
HDXPC

Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommendations   Recommendations EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 6:00 pm

Anything by Philip K. Dick. Ubik or Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? (the novel Blade Runner is based on) is a good place to start.
Back to top Go down
zcektor00
Accepted
Accepted
zcektor00

Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommendations   Recommendations EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 6:49 pm

American gods
Coraline
Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist

Do you have specific a specific genre of interest?
Back to top Go down
kuroyakedo
Accepted
Accepted
kuroyakedo

Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommendations   Recommendations EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 6:52 pm

Nope, all genres are ok. I'll take note, the book fest start in two days, but I'll go until sunday -.-
Back to top Go down
zcektor00
Accepted
Accepted
zcektor00

Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommendations   Recommendations EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 7:01 pm

i'm currently reading A Song of Fire and Ice.
but sometimes i take a glance at Silmarillion
Back to top Go down
kuroyakedo
Accepted
Accepted
kuroyakedo

Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommendations   Recommendations EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 7:08 pm

I was reading The portrait of Dorian Gray, but got distracted and haven't finish it.
Thanks for the recommendations.
Back to top Go down
HDXPC
Neutral
Neutral
HDXPC

Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommendations   Recommendations EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 2:55 am

Do you have any recommendations for me? You seem to like sci-fi which is a rarity for me since I don't know many people that take it seriously
Back to top Go down
thiscannotpossiblygowrong
Neutral
Neutral
thiscannotpossiblygowrong

Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommendations   Recommendations EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 3:14 am

Are you looking for non-fiction at all? If so give 1491 by Charles Mann a look.
Back to top Go down
kuroyakedo
Accepted
Accepted
kuroyakedo

Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommendations   Recommendations EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 4:54 am

HDXPC wrote:
Do you have any recommendations for me? You seem to like sci-fi which is a rarity for me since I don't know many people that take it seriously
Sorry, I'm starting on this, so I don't know about authors or tittles (that's why I'm asking n.n), but the books I wrote are good.

thiscannotpossiblygowrong: whatever is ok! I enjoy reading no matter the genre. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Kokihi
Forever Alone
Forever Alone
Kokihi

Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommendations   Recommendations EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 5:02 pm

The Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind if you like Lord of the Rings/ A song of ice and fire type high fantasy or anything by John Green if you don't.
Back to top Go down
kuroyakedo
Accepted
Accepted
kuroyakedo

Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommendations   Recommendations EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 5:03 pm

Kokihi wrote:
The Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind if you like Lord of the Rings/ A song of ice and fire type high fantasy or anything by John Green if you don't.
Thanks! I'm gonna go to the festival today! Let's see what we find there
Back to top Go down
kuroyakedo
Accepted
Accepted
kuroyakedo

Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommendations   Recommendations EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 9:21 pm

Hi!
I didn't have the books and/or authors you told me (will keep them as options for my next trip to the library).

I got "A Day Of Reckoning" by John Katzenbach and 6 other books ( wich names I don't remember now).

Thanks everybody!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommendations   Recommendations Empty

Back to top Go down

Recommendations
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Unofficial Imgur Forum :: Entertainment Section :: Literature-
Jump to: