Unofficial Imgur Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This site is not affiliated with nor endorsed by Imgur. Imgur content and materials are copyrights © of Imgur. All rights reserved.

Imgur  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favorite authors/genre?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
HDXPC
Neutral
Neutral
HDXPC

Favorite authors/genre? Empty
PostSubject: Favorite authors/genre?   Favorite authors/genre? EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 3:12 am

What are some of your favorite authors? For me, I'm big on Philip K Dick and Arthur C. Clarke fan. Must of read 10 or so novels of each one. I'm big on Sci-fi but I pretty much like reading anything as long as it's good.

Anything I should check out before I die? (eventually die, I don't mean like tomorrow)
Back to top Go down
Pangaea
Admin
Admin
Pangaea

PostSubject: Re: Favorite authors/genre?   Favorite authors/genre? EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 3:32 am

Great topic!

My favourite author is probably Terry Pratchett (I draw a lot of inspiration from him for my own comedy/fantasy series). I also really like Tolkien and Joseph Delaney. So it should be obvious that I'm into fantasy more than anything else. d; But I, too, can read and appreciate anything as long as it's good.

And speaking of good books. Have you ever read anything by Frederik Pohl, HD? I've only read one book by him, The Voices of Heaven. Which is one of my favourite books of all time. I've lost count of how many times I've read it. At least half a dozen.
Back to top Go down
zcektor00
Accepted
Accepted
zcektor00

PostSubject: Re: Favorite authors/genre?   Favorite authors/genre? EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 4:30 am

NEIL GAIMAN
THE Sandman Series
Back to top Go down
HDXPC
Neutral
Neutral
HDXPC

PostSubject: Re: Favorite authors/genre?   Favorite authors/genre? EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 8:15 am

Pangaea wrote:
Have you ever read anything by Frederik Pohl, HD?
No I can't say that I have but when someone says this thing is one of the best things ever I tend to pay attention. Whats The Voices of Heaven about? Is it fantasy?

zcektor00 wrote:
NEIL GAIMAN
THE Sandman Series
Never heard of Neil Gaiman ether. It's a whole series of books? How many books are there? Where should I start?

Back to top Go down
zcektor00
Accepted
Accepted
zcektor00

PostSubject: Re: Favorite authors/genre?   Favorite authors/genre? EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 4:08 pm

HDXPC
More of a comic book series. He also wrote novels like American Gods (will be a tv series soon), Coraline, Anansi Boys. If you like classical mythology living in current time stories, he's the guy to go.
Back to top Go down
zcektor00
Accepted
Accepted
zcektor00

PostSubject: Re: Favorite authors/genre?   Favorite authors/genre? EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 4:11 pm

Pangaea wrote:
Great topic!

My favourite author is probably Terry Pratchett (I draw a lot of inspiration from him for my own comedy/fantasy series). I also really like Tolkien and Joseph Delaney. So it should be obvious that I'm into fantasy more than anything else. d; But I, too, can read and appreciate anything as long as it's good.

And speaking of good books. Have you ever read anything by Frederik Pohl, HD? I've only read one book by him, The Voices of Heaven. Which is one of my favourite books of all time. I've lost count of how many times I've read it. At least half a dozen.
Neil and Terry co-wrote a book once, Good Omens. Tolkien is what I am planning to read after G.R.R Martin, the Middle Earth universe he created, probably the biggest one I know when it comes to books (Silmarillion - LotR)
Back to top Go down
Pangaea
Admin
Admin
Pangaea

PostSubject: Re: Favorite authors/genre?   Favorite authors/genre? EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 2:11 am

HDXPC wrote:
No I can't say that I have but when someone says this thing is one of the best things ever I tend to pay attention. Whats The Voices of Heaven about? Is it fantasy?
It's sci-fi! Here's a little snippet from the Amazon description. "Barry di Hoa had the good life on the Moon: steady work and the love of a good woman. But a rival slipped him a mickey, and he next awoke aboard Gerald Tscharka's ship as it neared the colony planet, Pava, eighteen light-years away."
Back to top Go down
HDXPC
Neutral
Neutral
HDXPC

PostSubject: Re: Favorite authors/genre?   Favorite authors/genre? EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 3:08 am

That sounds good! I'm definitely going to check it out. Have any of you ever read any Philip K. Dick?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite authors/genre?   Favorite authors/genre? Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite authors/genre?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Unofficial Imgur Forum :: Entertainment Section :: Literature-
Jump to: