Unofficial Imgur Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This site is not affiliated with nor endorsed by Imgur. Imgur content and materials are copyrights © of Imgur. All rights reserved.

Imgur  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dude bro, do you even learn?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
thiscannotpossiblygowrong
Neutral
Neutral
thiscannotpossiblygowrong

Dude bro, do you even learn? Empty
PostSubject: Dude bro, do you even learn?   Dude bro, do you even learn? EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 7:44 pm

Hello everybody!

So today, I thought it would be cool if we shared cool sites you can learn stuff at! I'll go ahead and start with three sites I find really useful!

First up: Less Wrong.

This site is a place dedicated to bringing about more awareness of cognitive biases and generally improving rationality in it's viewers. Going to this site you're going to want to start with The Sequences, which are series of blog posts on everything from statistics, to psychology, to quantum mechanics. The sequences are meant to be pretty easy to understand, though some are tougher than others (the quantum mechanics sequence probably being one of the toughest).

For our second site: Marginal Revolution University.

Ever been curious about economics? Wanted to find out why some countries are rich and others are poor? Do you just enjoy the thought of still being in college? This site is for you! Through lots of video series with practice questions and guides for suggested reading (if you want to get really intense) you can learn about a wide range of economic issues. Still pretty new so the course offerings are expanding all the time.

And last but not least: Khan Academy.

Courses in pretty much any subject you might want, from elementary school to college. If you ever need a refresher in a subject, or you are in school and need some extra help, this place is for you. Also good if you just have some random subject you want to learn about. Just a note though, this gets you up to undergraduate levels on most subjects so if you want to really be an expert in a subject you'll probably need more.

So that's what I use. What about you all? Any sites you find you really learn stuff from?

Last edited by Pangaea on Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changed title colour)
Back to top Go down
kuroyakedo
Accepted
Accepted
kuroyakedo

PostSubject: Re: Dude bro, do you even learn?   Dude bro, do you even learn? EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 8:08 pm

Hey everybody,

The second one is very interesting.

The only one I have here is MIT, there you will find a lot of differents courses and news. I'm following the Electrical engineering and computer science course right now.
Back to top Go down
Pangaea
Admin
Admin
Pangaea

PostSubject: Re: Dude bro, do you even learn?   Dude bro, do you even learn? EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 8:34 pm

Not really dedicated sites but there are several youtube channels I love for learning stuff.

Vsauce
SciShow
Computerphile
Numberphile
MinutePhysics
SmarterEveryDay

There's also the science articles on Cracked. It's primarily a humour site, of course, but it does have interesting articles with links to sources and research. Have to include the old favourite How Stuff Works. And of course Wikipedia is one of the best starting places for reading things and getting links to sources and research.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dude bro, do you even learn?   Dude bro, do you even learn? Empty

Back to top Go down

Dude bro, do you even learn?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Unofficial Imgur Forum :: Social Section :: General Discussion-
Jump to: